Monday, September 23, 2013

Amanuensis Monday - Jane Edwards Will 1847



"North Carolina, Probate Records, 1735-1970," digital images, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org : accessed 23 September 2013), image copy, will of Jane Edwards, dated 4 October 1847, Ashe County Wills, Vol. A, p. 23.



Jane Edward's Will

In the name of God Amen, I Jane Edwards being feeble in body and health, but of a sound mind and disposing mind, do make this my last will and testament in the following manner to wit. That is, I hereby give and bequeath unto my beloved son Osborne Edwards my negro man by the name of Richmond, I then give and bequeath unto my daughter Phebe Cox my negro woman & child by the name of Gincey that is to say I give them & their increase unto my daughter Cox during her natural lifetime and then to be equally divided in value between her children. I then give and bequeath equally between my son Osborne Edwards and daughter Phebe Cox all my stock of every description, I then give and bequeath unto my several children, that is Enoch Reeves, George Reeves, Polly McMillan, Nancy Cox & Rebecca Gentry all of my household & kitchen furnature of all that I may possess at the time of death, to be equally divided, then, and the several heires of my son Jesse Reeves Dec'd. And I hereby constitute and appoint my son Osborne Edwards the executor of this my last will & testament given under my hand & seal this 4th day of October AD 1847.
Signed in the presence of us, Test.
C. H. Doughten, juror
Clouyd Cox, juror
his                    
Jane X Edwards (seal)
mark                    

No comments:

Post a Comment